Before we get started, we want to make a few important points clear, in the following "Terms and Conditions". Please read them!
- Protect your rights while you are applying for our help. If you have a hearing or deadline coming soon, please do not miss it. If you have a court hearing or deadline within the next two or three days, CALL your local Blue Ridge Legal Services office immediately - do not use this online process.
- If this is a medical or police emergency, call 911.
- Please fill this application out as the person seeking legal help. If you are helping someone else apply, complete it using his/her information and not yours.
- You must meet certain conditions for us to help you:
- You must be low-income. You will need to provide your household's income and asset information.
- Your legal problem must be a type we handle. For example, we do not handle criminal cases or traffic violations.
- The problem must be in our service area.
- We cannot help you if we are already helping the person with whom you have the problem.
- Completing this application does not by itself create an attorney-client relationship or mean your case will be accepted.
The information we collect here is used only to decide if you are eligible for our services.
- Blue Ridge Legal Services ("legal aid") does not charge for our services.
If you do not fit or accept these conditions, you will need to find someone else to help you with your problem. If you do not know where to get legal help, you
may call the Virginia Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 552-7977. The Virginia Lawyer Referral Service will connect you to a lawyer in your area for $35. You can receive a consultation of up to a half hour with him or her - no strings attached. If you qualify, you can also get free answers to legal questions at https://virginia.freelegalanswers.org/
I have read the above information and understand it. I know that I am responsible for taking any and all steps to protect my legal rights while waiting to see if I qualify for free legal assistance through Blue Ridge Legal Services ("Legal Aid").
Click this box to accept the terms and conditions: